The MVK Board of Education will have a vacancy when the Board meets for its Organization Meeting in early May.
The Board of Education will review letters of interest and set interview dates for early to mid-May.
Congratulations! You have found our website.
Welcome to the online presence of the Mazon-Verona-Kinsman Elementary School District. As you explore our site you will find Information, Articles and Downloads for both MVK Elementary School and MVK Middle School.
Meeting Minutes: February 8, 2017
- Call to order at 6:39 p.m.
- Jenna read Secretary Report. Approved by Amanda and Jessica.
- Jessica read Treasurer’s Report: No Discrepancies.
- Book Fair Committee: Nickie Quinn Committee Head. Spring Book Fair set for May 8-May 12.
- Box Tops: Nickie Quinn Committee Head. January 17-February 10.
- Campbell’s Labels: -
- Dare Committee: -
- Family Event: -
- Field Day: Circus Boy will be the entertainment for Grade School
- Room Rep Committee: Amanda Cronkrite Committee Head. Valentines Day Parties all set.
- Schwan’s Cares: Three people have signed up.
- Shoparoo: Middle School has 29,155 points and Grade School has 25,060 points.
- Spirit Wear: Nickie Quinn Committee Head. Deb Paulsen wants to know if we can sell cheap uniforms for PE. Discussed having an order form in with registration packets along with calendar order form.
- Staff Appreciation Committee: Jessica Arnstrom Committee Head. Deb Paulsen asked about donut cards for future principal. Amanda will look into getting more.
- Beer and Wine Tasting Fundraiser: Nickie Quinn Committee Head. April 8th 6:00-9:00 VFW in Morris. Live and Silent Auctions, 50/50, cash bar, vendor purchases. Nickie ordered wristbands at Oriental Trading. Can use Square for card transactions at the door. Yapsody is up and running. Bonnie will have 9 ice buckets for vendors. Discussed going early to look at location and how to set up. Discussed having Nancy make paper tickets for people to purchase in addition to online. Discussed using gift card for table cloths. Does the high school have an ice machine we can use? John Callahan would like to sponsor all or half the food. Agreed we would order food from Lestina’s catering. Jenna will call and talk to her.
- Family Fun Night: February 25th 4:00-7:00. Raffle tickets currently being sold. Sign up sheets sent, Cake walk sign ups sent home. Concessions confirmed with Nancy. No popcorn. No DJ Zach. Photo Booth booked. Debbie Paulsen will call about Bouncy Houses. Tiffany Welsh and 8th graders will face paint.
- Elections for Vice President and Treasurer will take place this year at the May 10th meeting. Nominations for Vice President and Treasurer can be submitted to any board member, turned into either office or submitted at any meeting. You can nominate yourself or someone else.
- Market Day send a post card wanting to know if we are interested in doing another pie contest like before.
- PC maintains two plaques in Middle School Hallway. Both need updated. Melanie will donate Elementary Battle of the Books plaque to Middle School.
- Luri brought up getting generic t-shirts to sell at various events (non IESA events).
- Jessica will order one of everything from Barb (Spirit Wear) to display at Family Fun Night.
- Donation will be given to MVK to present to Talia Freund.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:38 p.m Approved by Amanda and Jenna.
Hello parents and guardians! Below is a link to my weebly website that will now be available here on the MVK webpage. To see it click on the link at the end of this article. In the future, just scroll over the menu heading "Academics", then scroll down to 1st grade and click, and finally click on the "Ms. Nelson's Website" link.
Please take a minute to explore what is going on in our first grade classroom through pictures, videos, information, and links. If you are a first grade parent that has a child in my classroom and would like to see more of something specific on the website to make your life easier, please let me know! Happy browsing, and go Mavericks! http://msnelson13.weebly.com/
Click on the "Read More" link below to see some of the photos taken at the Veteran's Assembly this year.