Congratulations! You have found our website.
Welcome to the online presence of the Mazon-Verona-Kinsman Elementary School District. As you explore our site you will find Information, Articles and Downloads for both MVK Elementary School and MVK Middle School.
The MVK Board of Education will have a vacancy when the Board meets for its Organization Meeting in early May.
The Board of Education will review letters of interest and set interview dates for early to mid-May.
Meeting Highlights: May 10, 2017
- Call to order
- Jenna read Secretary Report.
- Jessica read Treasurer’s Report: No Discrepancies.
- Book Fair:
- DARE: Graduation is set for May 17 at 2:00. Will need three 6th grade parents to serve (Nicole has 3 parents who are willing, just need to verify now that date and time are set). Crystal will get drinks, Nicole will get cupcakes. Amanda will double check on the amount of students, and if we have enough cups. Pat Havecost helps with the program.
- Walk in Talia’s Memory: May 19 at 2:00. Room Reps/Volunteers will need to provide a healthy snack for the walk. All grades are covered. Teachers have been sent volunteer name and info. A tree will be planted in Talia’s memory, as has been done in years past when an MVK student has passed. Parents Club reached out to Canopy Joe (Joey Thomas) for the tree so that he will get credit for his FFA project. The tree costs $100 and it will be $25 for Joey to plant it. Hoping to get it planted over the weekend so it will be there during the walk.
- MVK Pride Award: We received 11 nominations for 5 different students to receive the MVK pride award. Recipient receives $100 and their name on a plaque. We voted on the nominees anonymously, and “Student 4” will receive the award… name of the recipient is not announced until the night of graduation.
- Room Representative: Will provide healthy snacks for Walk for Talia. Will get volunteers and run games/activities for Field Day.
- Field Day: May 26th. Circus Boy is entertainment for Grade School, Bouncy House for Middle School. $500 will be due to Circus Boy on day of event. Bouncy House was paid for at the same time of Family Fun Night. Field Day Activities are Chalk; Bean Bags; Relay; Parachute; Hula Hoop Race; Sponge Race; and Tic Tac Toe. If it rains, we will have indoor activities such as Bean Bags; Relay; Hula Hoop Race; Tic Tac Toe; Indoor balloon tennis; and Ping Pong Booty Shake. Student Council will provide a snack, Parents Club provides drinks- water for Middle School and Drink Pouches for Grade School.
- Spirit Wear: Nothing to discuss.
- School Kits: Dawn Arnold runs this. Forms have not been sent home yet.
- 2017 Retirements: Debbie Paulsen, Debbie Granger, and Alicia O’Keefe. Parents’ Club gifts each staff with a $50 gift card.
- Collection Committee: Box Tops Check was received for $654.70.
- Shoparoo: Grade School has 40,820 points. Middle School has 31,855 points.
- Beer and Wine Tasting Fundraiser: Thank you was placed in The Paper and Morris Daily Herald. We’ve set two dates (February 24, 2018 and March 10, 2018) as potential options for next year. We would like to get the date set soon so we can print it in the Parents Club calendars.
- We received Thank You’s for Staff Appreciation Week. Panera Bread and Scholastic Certificates for a free book were especially well received.
- Pies Fundraiser: We actually made $1,206.40 instead of the previously reported profit amount of $476. Pies that were ordered afterwards were not taken into account, as well as the fact that we had to buy pies by the case, so all the extra pies counted towards our total.
- Elections for Vice President and Treasurer will take place at this meeting. No nominations were given prior to this meeting, via email or otherwise. Michelle Weber was voted as Parents Club new Vice President, and Jessica Arnstrom was voted as Parents Club Treasurer. Their terms will be for two years.
- Jessica brought up the idea to hold a Pickleball Tournament next year as a fundraiser/winter activity.