Congratulations! You have found our website.
Welcome to the online presence of the Mazon-Verona-Kinsman Elementary School District. As you explore our site you will find Information, Articles and Downloads for both MVK Elementary School and MVK Middle School.
Registration packets for MVK Middle School and MVK Elementary School, Supply Lists for both schools, and the IESA Sports Physical Form for students in grades 5, 7, and 8 who participate in extra-curricular athletic activities. Fifth graders are only allowed to participate if there are not enough sixth, seventh, and eighth graders to field teams.
To access these forms, please do the following:
Along the Dashboard - Select Students
Click on Assignment Sheets
There is a drop down box on the right side of the page, click on the DOWN arrow.
Scroll to DOWNLOADS and CLICK
The forms are there for you to download and print.
Please note the following:
Middle School Registration Packets:
* The physical examination form and the dental form are for incoming sixth graders AND any student enrolling in an Illinois public school for the first time.
* Enroll cards will need to be filled out at registration on August 2nd (3:00-6:00) or August 3rd (9:30-11:30) at the Middle School Community Room.
*Residency forms for new students OR students that have moved within the district during the last year will be available at registration.
Elementary School Registration Packets:
* The physical examination form and the dental form are for incoming Kindergarteners AND any student enrolling in an Illinois public school for the first time.
* Dental examiniations forms are also required for second graders.
* Vision examination forms are not included in this packet, but will be available at registration on August 2nd (3:00-6:00) or August 3rd (9:30-11:30) at the Middle School Community Room. The vision examination is for all incoming Kindergarteners AND any student enrolling in an Illinois public school for the first time.
* Enrollment cards will need to be filled out at registration as noted above.
* Residency forms for new students (including Kindergarteners) OR students that have moved within the district during the last year will be available at registration.
THE 2016-2017 Free/Reduced Lunch Application will be available for downloading under Cafeteria Menus beginning July 1, 2016. Please fill out and bring this into registration if possible. We will have additional copies available at registration. As of today, we will not be receiving information regarding DIRECT CERTIFICATION form the state of Illinois. This may change, but we want to be prepared should that not happen.
Here is the recap of the A team softball game from today:
Mazon-Verona-Kinsman Lady Mavericks Seize Victory Thanks To Late Double, Drop Grand Ridge 5-3.
Mazon-Verona-Kinsman Lady Mavericks outlasted Grand Ridge after four lead changes, win at Mazon Park 5-4.
The Mavericks took the lead in the third inning and held on for the victory. MVK scored on a two-run double by Keeli Pumphrey, scoring Emma Smith and Harmony Neal.
The Mavericks held off Grand Ridge, as Grand Ridge was unable to overcome a three-run third inning deficit. Pumphrey got a hit in each of her two at bats.
Taya Roe got it done on the rubber on the way to the win. She allowed two runs over six innings. She struck out seven, walked two and surrendered four hits.
The Lady Mavericks was sparked by Pumphrey and Alanna Chapman, who teamed up for four hits and five RBIs.
The top of the first saw Grand Ridge take an early lead, 1-0. It didn't take long for MVK to answer as it scored one run of its own in the first. The Lady Mavericks scored on an RBI single by Chapman. That's all it took to spark the bats for the Lady Mavericks.
It was a great team win and a promising start to the new season.
Let’s Play Two!
The 6 th and 7 th grade baseball team season is underway! We traveled to Saunemin on August 13 th to start our season. B.J. Hooker took the mound in our first game against Buckley St. Johns. The Mavericks had some first game nerves as we struggled finding the strike zone and made some errors in the field, but I was proud of our team for playing hard against an older and bigger opponent. Chris Poyner scored our lone run, as we lost 12-1.
In the second game, we played Bishop McNamara. Patrick Griffin took to the hill to start the game. We stayed with them for the first few innings, but they pulled away late by a score of 15-1. David Hatz made some nice plays at first base and scored for the Mavericks. As a team, we threw more strikes then in the first game.
On August 15, we went to Saratoga and battled the Hawks as well as the rain! Brett Marques pitched really well for us to start the game. He only allowed 4 runs on under 50 pitches through 4 innings. Eli Hill came in in relief of Brett. Dalton DeGrush made a great double play in the 4 th inning to keep the game tied. As the rain started to fall, the Mavericks began to struggle. Saratoga scored 7 runs in the 5 th inning to pull away with a 11-4 victory.
We have a busy week coming up. Our next game is Thursday August 18 at Dwight. Then we play GSW at Mazon Park on Friday, and finish the week with a tri-play Saturday at home against Coal City and Reed Custer! Come on out and cheer us on!!